School Based Speech Language and Educational Audiology Services
MACS offers a variety of customized speech language services, depending on schools’ needs:
- Comprehensive speech language evaluations and services in accordance with IDEA 2004
- Intervention for disorders of articulation, receptive and expressive language, voice in fluency
- Intervention provided in individual, group or classroom settings
- Curriculum based speech-language goals and services
- Participation as member of educational teams
- Collaboration with the educational support staff, classroom teachers, and parents
- Provision of early intervening services for students in the pre-referral process
- Work with interpreters to meet family needs
Our Educational Audiology Services Include:
- Hearing screening provided for individual students and entire classes or school, at your facility.
- Basic audiological evaluations on site with follow-up medical and/or educational recommendations.
- Participation as a member of educational team including attendance at IFSP or IEP meetings.
- In-service training for school staff and parents on hearing and hearing loss, hearing aids and FM systems.
- Monitor appropriate use of hearing aids and other listening devices in educational settings.
- Recommendations regarding classroom acoustics.