MACS recognizes the need and provides support for teachers who have students with communication challenges in their classrooms. The speech-language pathologists and educational audiologist individualize the support in accordance with the needs of the student and teacher. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Co-teaching during specific classroom activities
- Co-planning lessons/activities
- Modeling/demonstration of implementation of strategies and accommodations
- Consultation with teaching staff
- Participation in the pre-referral process for students with suspected communication delays.
MACS also provides in-services for school staff to address specific topics or areas of concern related to communication.